Thursday, March 08, 2007

Programming + Music

I have learned SO much in the last few weeks, it's unreal. Here's a short list of what I've done:
1.) set up mysql, apache, bugzilla, a cvs server, vsftpd, sshd, and twisted on a linux box (all for the first time in my life successfully and completely)
2.) re-learned batch file scripting for an install script for my twisted Windows service. It does the following:
  • Initialize registry values
  • installs python, twisted, pymssql, and transfers other files where necessary
  • creates a windows service and changes the type to "Auto"
  • figures out whether SQL Server 2000 or 2005 is installed and initializes all databases, tables, stored procedures, triggers, functions, and initializes data in one table based on user input...depending on which is used.
It's not a final script, but it works ok.
3.) C++ times a million
4.) I finally figured out what I was missing in my brain that prevented me from understanding the following:
  • asynchronous programming using either .NET2.0 (not asyncsocket) or Twisted
  • OSI TCP/IP layers. I finally realize how simple and affective this is (I always assumed I knew)...it's a great advancement.
5.) I know what I want in a woman. I just need to find her. I'll find you, don't worry.
6.) I've been researching cybernetics, specifically biocybernetics and bionics. I think my next company will involve something I learn from this.

I will be posting some of the amazing coding techniques and styles I've been learning recently, but don't have enough time right now.

No comments: